Monday, April 26, 2010

More than the Rose Bowl ... Pasadena


This refined 1928 ranch retreat in Pasadena, California is home to graphic artist David Hundley. Mr. Hundley has had the incredible task of product design consulting for notable designer by the likes of Tom Ford (during his Gucci days), Ralph Lauren and Aston Martin. Pretty good pedigree huh? As his family owned cattle ranches, David learned to castrate and brand yearling at a very young age. I doubt that's where he developed such style. The fountain, a gift from actress Rene Russo is a former horse trough.

I love the beamed ceiling with its rough-hewn painted white walls. A definite juxtaposition to the sleek chrome arm of the Mies Van Der Rohe Bruno chairs.

So the chair placements don't make sense. Makes you wonder what the stylist was thinking. It's still nice to look at. The lamp is one of Hundley's designs.

What I would give to have such storage for all my books.


I have long appreciate the casual style and subtle elegance of this property. Published in the March 2007 issue of C Magazine, I have held a love affair with its ambiance. Though there is nothing absolutely new about the interiors I just appreciate it.

I would love to see what alterations have been made since. And if the dog finally got a comb out!

No comments: