Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quest Magazine - Arts and Culture Issue, Michel Cox Witmer

I was asked to participate in the Quest Magazine - Inspirational Room design for one of the Co-Chair of The Society of Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. I am honored. My efforts appear in the October 2010 'Arts and Culture' Issue.

I am joined by several other designers of great taste and stature: Geoffrey Bradfield, Darren Henault, Ernest de la Torre and Alex Papachristidis.

The room I designed is for Co-chair Michel Cox Witmer, an avid art collector of nineteenth century Old Master works and early 20th. Century contemporary art. It has been great fun getting to know Michel. He is warm, gregarious and adores great food as much as art. His laugh is infectious and he smiles easily. This is the room I designed with him in mind.


A living room bathed in sunlight. Large open walls to dislay his art collection in a gallery like manner. Creamy butter soft tones, to not jar the eyes to take in all the glory around him.

It was again an honor to be asked to participate in this project, and to support Quest Magazine and Sloan-Kettering as well.

No comments: