Saturday, October 23, 2010

Villa Grande... Calistoga, more than mud...



Okay, I have to admit. Calistoga California is captivating. Then again, there isn't much of California I am not captivated with. I can go on, and on about the place. My first introduction to Calistoga involved mud and LOTS of it. It is the home of incredible mud baths. While submerged, you thing of every S---- joke you can think of. I looked forward to getting in it, then could'nt wait to get out. However, my skin never felt better. P.S. go with someone you're close to for the shared naked shower afterwards. For there is no shame, and it all becomes quite hilarious. Beyond the mud is this place...






Not bad huh? These images are from the November 2010 issue of C Magazine. The villa is grande, beautiful, palatial and stunning to say the least. Residence to artist Carlo Marchiori, it appears as though it emerged from the hills of Italy. The interior houses 30 foot murals, painted by the artist in residence.

The home was built with cast away found building products and a "world of courage". Mr. Marchiori says "it is a work in progress". I can hardly wait to see what he's got in store. I would imaging the mud room, is the biggest in the land. Did someone say 'wellies'?

No comments: