Monday, December 20, 2010

Per Se... Delicious Inspiration

 Chef Thomas Keller the most fastidious chef on the planet and an absolute gentleman.  So blessed to have such amazing clients.

So last Friday evening, the hubby was dining at Per Se restaurant and I was home jealous looking for something to cook myself for dinner.   Wrought as no ideas would come, I decided to consult a cook book for inspiration.  The absolute first book I put my hands on was Thomas Kellers 'The French Laundry Cookbook', from the infamous  Napa,  California restaurant bearing the name. Once  hit  with inspiration by the images, I picked up my watercolors, not the skillet.  I thought I would share with you two images I was inspired to recreate from the book.  These are two treats I have also been lucky enough to taste as well.  They forever left a mark on my palate.

Several dishes from 'The French Laundry' are also served at Per Se.  We dined there last year on our anniversary.  It was insanely pleasurable.  Everything from decor, service, wine pairings, lighting and yes - the food was the most exhilarating dining experience I have ever had.  It also houses the 'cleanest kitchen in New York City'. 

 White Truffle Oil Infused Custard with Black Truffle Ragout 

My watercolor version below...
My watercolor version of Salmon Tartare  
with Sweet Red Onion Creme Fraiche
   
The real thing being served


By the way... my dinner Friday evening was pizza!


www.perseny.com 
 10 Columbus Circle, New York N.Y.  10019
212 823 9335

www.frenchlaundry.com
6640 Washington Street, Yountville CA 
707 944 2380