Monday, February 28, 2011

Ahhhhh. The architecture of Sussex, Weald in Merry England!


March 2011, World of Interiors is another of my favourite publications.  I feel as though I am on a whirlwind trip with each issue.  This past month I have been longing for hillsides spilling over with greenery, meadows and rolling hills. 


 With absolute glee, I feel restored having gone on the following journey through the medieval timbered 15th, 16th. and 17th. century architectural Nathaniel Lloyd and Edwin Lutyens works on this home in Sussex Weald in England.

The home was that of the family of Nathaniel Lloyd, a successful printer.   Who with his wife devoted his life to restoring the home in collaboration with architect Edwin Lutyens during 1910-1912.

 Throughout the home are the most amazing carved stairways, trestles linking to the homes may restored parts. 




photography courtesy of World of Interiors by Christopher Simon Sykes

No comments: