Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's to come... 2012

Ahhh, the first week into a New Year and amazing things are already happening.  I've been on a mad, mad, wicked crazy journey in the world of interior design for many years now.

I've worked at Ralph Lauren designing countless flagship stores and showrooms, travelling more than 50% of my time, (which I ADORED!).  Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM), Revlon doing retail design and assisting on photo shoots.  Naomi Leff, working on homes for Tom Cruise, David Geffen and Steven Spielberg.  Kohn Pederson Fox Architects, John Saladino, The Office of Thierry Despont renovating Boca Raton Resort and several homes for Micky Drexler of J.Crew, and headed the Interior Design Studio for Giorgio Armani.  Oh, I almost forgot, designed residences for John Mayer, Adrien Brody, Leo DiCaprio and David Garrett too with more on the way!



Now my focus is on building my own business JMI and developing my writing projects.  So much lies before me.  The mission, which I have chosen to accept - 'Get it Done'.  I cannot wait to share new projects and adventures with you.

The people I have met, and continue to meet each share their passions with me and that rubs off, in the best way.  I continue to be inspired by design and its effect on people.  It starts conversations, and starts friendships.

Ever notice how, if you're just standing on a corner looking up at a building or chandelier, others stop and crane to see what it is you're looking at?  Eventually, someone will ask "what are you looking at"? and a conversation begins.  Sometime a lifelong friendship.  Well, yes it's happened to me on more than one occasion.

One thing I know for sure - 2012 will be nurtured, developed and loved.  Most important, I will continue paying homage to the readers of Hautezone and THANKING YOU for your continued support and readership!

So if you see or hear about something going on in New York, or somewhere I can get to and want to hear more about it, let me know.  I will do my best to report back and cover it.

It's going to be butter folks!  Let's enjoy the ride!  Buckle up, I'll save you a seat.

xoxoxo to the moon and back!

Joy

2 comments:

Ishka Designs said...

Excellent! Congrats and welcome to the other side :)

Eve's Fabulous Life said...

Love the Blog and wishing you all the best in the New Year and always!!