Friday, August 10, 2012

Brilliant... Beloved... Details...

I am inspired by so many things and surfaces around me.  Transparent, Matte and YES! YES! YES! Shiny, Brilliant, Bejeweled things.  

Cultural influences in particular which find themselves woven into fabrics, beadwork particularly catch my eye.  

With so many hours in my life spent traveling, walking through museums, digesting the cultures around me - engulfing the air and wings of cultural structures - I feel so connected to the past, just as strongly as the present.  I crave Byzantine jewelry, Aztec wovens and dusty unearthed patinas of the past.  I especially love when these crafts find their way into fashion into ... 

Brilliant...Beloved...Details...















Enjoy your weekend.  I've got some beading to start! Much love...

 All photos courtesy of Tumblr, Pinterest and Simply Fabulous

No comments: